Lets indulge in a little navel gazing for a moment here … We can recognise that in the industrial world the initials P.R. are loaded with the negativity of tabloid newspaper journalism – yet tech P.R. is a very different service. So what other label would be more accurately descriptive?
- how about “Product update via Publications”
- or “Information publishing activity”
- “technical data broadcasting”?
- “promotion free at the point of publication”
- “low cost publicity”
- “asking people to print material for free”
All in some sense correct but none quite gets there does it? So let’s continue to call it P.R. – more ……